La-Z-Boy offers an extensive range of recliners, with different functionality, styles and comfort levels, meaning there is no doubt you will find the perfect recliner unique to you and your home. Only genuine La-Z-Boy recliners put your comfort first, with quality built to last.
Find the Perfect Recliner To Fit Your Body
Are you tall, short, or somewhere in between? La-Z-Boy has something for everyone! A common question customers ask is, “How can I pick the best recliner for me?” Picking a recliner is a lot like getting fitted shoes, in that one size doesn’t fit all. It’s important to try first, ensuring the cushions and leg rest align with your neck, back, and leg position. This will help to avoid unnecessary aches and pains.
The Benefits Of a Recliner Chair
La-Z-Boy recliners are designed to provide support in the areas where comfort is needed, perfect for posture control and for sufferers of leg, arm or back pain. Put your feet up after a long day and allow gravity to naturally reduce stress and inflammation.
Next Steps to Finding the Perfect Recliner
Start by viewing the below links to discover recliners to suit your height. If you need more help, visit your nearest La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery store, where our experienced team can help select a recliner perfect to you.
Are You SMALL?
Height between 152 - 179cm
You’ll need a La-Z-Boy recliner with reduced proportions to accommodate your height. These recliners offer La-Z-Boy comfort on a smaller scale.
Are You TALL?
Height between 155 - 188cm
You’ll need a La-Z-Boy Recliner with a higher seat and taller back. These recliners offer La-Z-Boy comfort with the added ability to accommodate those with longer legs.
Are You Extra-Tall?
Height between from 192cm upward
You’ll need a La-Z-Boy Recliner with a wider stance, deep seat and supportive back. These recliners offer La-Z-Boy comfort on a larger scale.
Guide To Finding the Perfect Recliner
A house isn't truly a home until you create a special space for putting your feet up, relaxing, and watching the world go by. Enter the star of the show, the reclining chair, where form, functionality, and support are all yours to enjoy.
Recliner Chairs - Home Decor for Every Body Type
As the original recliner chair brand, La-Z-Boy has always focused on comfy cushioning, durability, and customizations that offer health benefits. Allow us to assist your recliner purchase with this handy guide to finding the perfect recliner.
But be warned, some recliners are so popular that your family or friends might already be relaxing on your favourite chair when you arrive home. It could be worth investing in an entire recliner lounge suite for the sake of family harmony.
Six Tips for Choosing the Perfect Recliner
There's a lot to consider when choosing a new recliner. It's an exciting time to do up large homes or small spaces, so come along for the most relaxing ride of your life. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Consider Your Space
Before dashing out to your local furniture retailer, reign your enthusiasm in for a moment or two while considering your options.
The room - New Zealand families may be smaller these days, but the average home has grown considerably. That's a lot of new spaces where a reclining chair can be the perfect fit. Do you want a new recliner for your living room, office, den, library, nursery, or conservatory? There are recliner styles for every room, whether your home is an expansive estate or a smaller unit.
The room dimensions - Measure your room and take features such as windows, doorways, fireplace and other permanent fixtures into consideration. A flashy recliner with all the bells and whistles might look perfect in the showroom, but be too big and bulky at home. Your new recliner should make a statement without impeding comfortable flow around the room.
Other room considerations - By partnering with a major recliner chair brand such as La-Z-Boy, you get to be your own interior design expert. Here are just a few more ideas before visiting your local retail showroom.
- Take pictures of your room as a reference when shopping.
- Decide what furniture will stay, and what will be replaced.
- Take note of the wall colours and floor type in your room. Take sample colours with you when shopping.
- Choosing the Right Recliner
You should be a little selfish if choosing a new recliner just for yourself. The right recliner is a piece of furniture that encourages relaxation and therapeutic benefits from the headrest to the footrest and everywhere in-between. People come in different shapes and sizes, and so do recliners. Will children or pets be 'using' the chair? You may want to consider easy-wipe leather rather than fabric upholstery.
Whether you are large, small, petite, or tall, La-Z-Boy has it all. Your goal should be personalised comfort and optimum support. After all, a high-quality reclining chair can last a lifetime, so comfort levels should be prioritised. Here's how to make the right choice first time.
- Size: Choose recliner size according to the height of the person who will be using the chair most often. La-Z-Boy options include:
- Petite - 5'4" (163cm) and under
- Small - 5'5" (165cm) - 5'9" (175cm)
- Tall - 5'10" (178cm) - 6'2" (188cm)
- Extra Tall - 6'3" (190cm) and up
Explore La-Z-Boy recliner options online. You can target selections according to size, style, and many other particulars that are important to you.
- Style: Select a style that suits you and your home. Is your decor mid-century classic, cool and contemporary, or style-bending contrast? It's important to explore a buying guide website that gives you lots of style options for personalising your purchase. There's no time like the present to recline in ultimate luxury after a long day on your feet.
- Customise: This is another area where high-quality recliners stand out from the competition. Customizable options include responsive cushioning for headrests, armrests, footrests and lumbar support. In today's recliner market, you can choose the perfect accent chair, love seat, lift chair, swivel chair, glider, manual recliner or electric recliner for your home.
- Tailored Recliner Choices
With so many styles to choose from, you will need to narrow down your recliner options. Here are some of the most popular recliner chair styles on the market today.
Flick-action Recliner - The flick-action recline capability is transformative. Check out classy wooden and metal flick-action handles designed for ergonomic use and instant reposing.
Power Recliner - Find your ideal reclining position with a power recliner for ultimate leg rest and relief from lower back pain. Change your comfort position at the touch of a button.
Rocker Recliner - Rocking chairs are big favourites with nursing mothers and others who are lulled into relaxation by a serene rocking motion. Rock and recline for the best of both worlds.
Wall Hugger Recliner - These innovative recliner chairs include special mechanisms that allow you to fully recline even when close to a wall. Consider a wall hugger if yours is a smaller room.
Lift Recliner - A lift recliner encourages mobility and independence by safely elevating and lowering the user to a comfortable standing position or seated position with push-button control.
- Fabulous Fabrics
Your choice of fabric or leather upholstery should be both practical and meaningful. La-Z-Boy recliner chair customization includes dozens of leather options and more than 50 fabulous fabrics in a wide range of patterns, textures and colours for personalising the best recliner possible. Here are some fabric factors to help you narrow down your selection.
Leather has been a living room favourite sofa covering for hundreds of years, but not all sofas are created equally. High-quality full-grain leather is the best, and most valuable. If the fabric is your preference, there are lots of natural and artificial fibres to choose from. The best fabrics offer unique qualities worth considering, including:
- Performance fabrics that are easy to clean and withstand wear and tear.
- Stain-resistant technology used in La-Z-Boy iClean fabrics.
- Antimicrobial properties that protect against mould, mildew, and odours.
- Eco-friendly fabrics manufactured using recycled materials.
There are a lot of factors that influence the cost of a new recliner chair, and it's important to purchase quality if you want something to last. Cost-cutting shortcuts are tempting but ultimately unsatisfying. We've all been there and done that. It's worth understanding what goes on beneath the plush surface of a new recliner, including construction features designed for long-term reliability.
High-quality recliners come with a comprehensive warranty to cover materials, mechanisms, and workmanship. It really is worth paying a little extra for peace of mind and a lifetime of genuine therapeutic relaxation. The good news is that La-Z-Boy creates great recliner chairs to suit every budget. Check out special prices online and in-store for further inspiration.
- Recliner Buying Checklist
Your recliner choice should be supported by knowledgeable customer service, superior after-sales service, a long warranty, and long-term user satisfaction. It seems like a big ask, but not when you are dealing with a recliner manufacturer with almost 100 years of experience. Your La-Z-Boy recliner buying checklist should include:
- 4-sided unibody frame construction
- 3 position locking leg rest for customizable reclining
- 16 position tilt recline that offers full-body support, even in zero gravity position
- Independent reclining back without the need to extend the footrest
- Adjustable reclining tension for optimised support and comfort
- Perfectly hinged no-gap seat and back mechanisms for superior lumbar support
- Power and lift recliners with 1, 2, or more motors
- State-of-the-art mechanisms for swivel, rocker, glider, and wall hugger styles
- Wide-ranging customizations such as firmer seat foam and wood or metal handle choices
Believe it or not, there are lots more recliner innovations to discover. Take the time to narrow options down by selecting favourite features, styles, materials, sizes, and customizations, and the result will be the perfect recliner for your home.
In addition, La-Z-Boy is New Zealand's favourite recliner chair brand with a nationwide network of showrooms, so there is bound to be a retailer near you. Nothing beats the first-hand experience, so come on in, put your feet up, relax back, and take luxury living to the next level.