Pairing Armchairs & Ottomans
Armchairs are the star of the show in any room, and ottomans are useful in lots of situations. It is a perfect match, and La-Z-Boy exceeds expectations for coordinating your favourite accent chair with classy ottomans available in a wide range of leather and fabric upholstery choices. Become your own design expert by:
- Mixing and matching solid colours
- Mixing solid colours with patterns
- Pairing bold and monochrome colours
Here are some ideas for taking advantage of the extensive La-Z-Boy armchair and ottoman collection.
1. Mixing and matching solid colours
If you have a light coloured couch, you can bring out contrast in your room with the addition of a dark coloured ottoman. Alternatively, two dark (but different) colours can also create eye-catching appeal. You can even mix and match neutral white, black or light grey furnishings for a contemporary touch, and of course it is still on trend to colour-coordinate footrests with upholstered armchairs, recliner chairs, chaise lounges and modular furnishings.
2. Mixing solid colours with patterns
A patterned footstool adds interest to a neutral coloured armchair. Consider adding a few throw pillows to tie your furnishings together, and it's worth experimenting with favourite pattern colours that match your armchair. As long as colours don't clash, you can feel free to express your personal taste in countless ways. If you own a white or cream leather or fabric armchair, you can match it with almost any colour or pattern.
3. Pairing bold colours with monochromes
If you own a monochrome fabric or leather armchair, consider a bold ottoman and throw pillows to dress up the space. Introduce your favourite colours and patterns for personalised style and a classy luxe finishing touch to your living room.
Remember to take the entire armchair and ottoman into consideration when choosing. Style, size and materials are all important, including the visible hardwood frame, legs, and other visible features.
In addition, you can explore the extensive La-Z-Boy materials and colour range to match other furnishings such as sideboards, bookcases and side tables for perfect flow throughout your entire home.
Ottomans around the home
Ottomans are relatively lightweight, portable, and don't take up much space. They are suitable in all types of nooks and corners of the house, and alternative pairings include matching your plush footrest with a La-Z-Boy swivel armchair, rocker, wingback chair or other favourite furnishing. Here are some ideas.
- Living room chairs and ottomans: A favourite pairing with universal appeal for a leather recliner or stationary armchair.
- Bedroom chairs and ottomans: Footstool comfort goes hand-in-hand with bedroom chairs and other comfy bedroom furnishings, without taking up much space.
- Nursing chairs with ottomans: The therapeutic benefits of better circulation are well known, so do your health a favour and put your feet up on a La-Z-Boy ottoman.
- Reading nook chairs with ottomans: Nothing says 'there's no place like home' like a good book and comfortable armchair next to your bookshelf and surrounded by favourite homewares.
La-Z-Boy is New Zealand's favourite lounge furnishing retailer for all the right reasons, including the widest range of contemporary and classic recliners and accessories on offer, at prices regular New Zealanders can afford. We are solutions experts, with top quality products that include media room chairs, chairs for small apartments, electric and manually operated recliner chairs, and the perfect accent chair and footrest just for you.